Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Homework 9

My current project deals with health I.T. for the future. As of now our health I.T. is outdated. I believe there can be many modifications that can be implemented to help health I.T. grow. Health I.T. is defined as the use of information and communication technology in health care to support patient-self management. My goal for the capability to support patient care related activities such as order communication, results reporting and a variety of applications on cell phones and desktops to support health I.T.
As of now our current system implement paper records. For example nurses go and pull our files from record that is stored at our local clinics. However files can be kept using an easier and more secure approach. My vision for Health I.T. in the future is easier access to patient files.
Notes:
Specific Purpose of the Health I.T.
Challenges of Implementation
Various Applications
Research Areas and Setting

No comments:

Post a Comment